Jayhawk Theatre Covid-19 Statement
Jayhawk Theatre COVID-19 statement
Since 1926, the Jayhawk Theatre has strived to bring artists and audiences together to share in the joy of live performances. Over the last 94 years, the world has changed dramatically, but the love of the Jayhawk Theatre and our mission has remained strong.
The unfortunate development of the current COVID-19 pandemic has introduced new challenges to the Jayhawk Theatre. The safety, health and well-being of our performers, volunteers and audiences is our top priority and we want to assure you that we are following all recommended safety measures provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Kansas Department of Health and Environment.
While the theatre remains temporarily closed to the public, we would like to share the ways we are evolving to continue to bring entertainment directly to you, our appreciated patrons.
We have implemented recommended safety protocols for all volunteers who enter the theatre.
- Disinfecting all surfaces volunteers were around during their time in the theatre
- Limiting access to only required areas
- Limiting the number of volunteers in the theatre at one time
- Any volunteers who are feeling unwell must stay home
While the theatre is currently closed to live, in-person performances, we are working hard to begin offering streaming entertainment. We believe this is the safest way to continue our mission for the time being, for all artists, volunteers and patrons.
Stay tuned for more information as we begin offering this type of entertainment opportunity.
How You Can Help
Part of the Jayhawk Theatre’s success is due to our fantastic community. We appreciate and value the support our patrons have provided over the years. If you are looking for ways to help, we have a few suggestions.
- Volunteer. Volunteering your time and talents to the theatre are still very much in need. During this closure, we have been working hard behind the scenes, making improvements for increased efficiencies. If you believe you can help, we would love to have you join the team. Find out more now.
- Share the Love. Follow us on social media and share, like and comment on our posts. Tell your friends about us! We look forward to seeing you all when we are able to reopen. Find us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Stay Informed. If you haven’t, subscribe to our mailing list. Be the first to be informed of upcoming live streaming performances and more. Subscribe today!
- Donate. We truly appreciate our patrons’ donations. If you are able to donate, we thank you for your generosity. Especially now, your gift means more than ever! Donate to the Jayhawk Theatre.
Keeping the joy of live entertainment is important to our quality of life and sense of community. We want to thank you for your continued support and we look forward to finding new and safe ways to bring the vibrant Jayhawk Theatre experience to you.